background

About Me

My photo
I'm Coralyn, a Californian native. I am mother to a crazy 4 year old girl named Madison, a baby on the way, and a wrinkly Shar-pei. My husband is in the Army and we have moved from California to Hawaii and from Hawaii to beautiful Colorado. I'm a stay at home mom and student/art major. I love painting and drawing and hope to share some of these things with you throughout my blog along with other random moments in my life.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

We're reaching the home stretch

10 months into the deployment, I have become pretty numb to the entire situation. It's not that I miss him any less, it's only that I've gotten used to the feeling. I'm starting to get excited about reuniting, but at the same time the thought of seeing him in person has become hard to imagine and thus anticipate. It's going to be so unreal.

Lately time has been passing slowly because I have been on summer break from school. I love spending long summer days with my daughter, but for some reason they don't pass as quickly as the days I have school. The new fall semester starts in 2 days, and Madison has been signed up for her ballet classes, so we both have something new and exciting to look forward to as we finish up the last few months of this deployment. Last semester I was able to finish with A's in all of my classes, and I am determined to do the same this fall semester. 

Madison had such a blast at her swim lessons this summer I knew I needed to keep her involved in something, and ballet seemed like something she'd really enjoy. Not a day passes that she doesn't ask me if we're going to her dance classes yet, and her classes don't even start until the middle of September. I already went out and bought her all the cute gear she'll need, and she's even tried them on and practiced her moves while watching "So You Think You Can Dance."She is such an extrovert and it's adorable, but I have no idea where she got that from because my husband and I are pretty introverted. 

As for me I signed myself up for Crossfit. It's been a pretty intense ride so far, and completely outside of my normal comfort zone, but I truly enjoy the challenge. Every time I walk into that Crossfit gym I have no idea if I'll be able to walk back to my car at the end of the work out without any assistance. So far I've cried once, but have yet to vomit (unlike some of my friends). 


That's basically all I've been up to lately. Nothing too wild or exciting, but I cannot wait for this summer to come to a close. Everyday is another day closer to having my family back together again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment