background

About Me

My photo
I'm Coralyn, a Californian native. I am mother to a crazy 4 year old girl named Madison, a baby on the way, and a wrinkly Shar-pei. My husband is in the Army and we have moved from California to Hawaii and from Hawaii to beautiful Colorado. I'm a stay at home mom and student/art major. I love painting and drawing and hope to share some of these things with you throughout my blog along with other random moments in my life.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day Zero Project - Road Trip


I'm starting to hack away at my project list and an opportunity came up for me to go on a road trip. I decided If I was going to do a road trip it would be to somewhere I have never been before. A friend of mine recently needed to make a trip up to Washington state and I asked if Madison and I could tag along.

The trip was a 14 hour drive for us, which is pretty much the longest drive I've ever been on. I used this opportunity to start working on my "collect 100 postcards" part of the project by going in to grab a post card in a few of the towns we stopped in.

We made our way from Sacramento, through Portland Oregon, Olympia, Port Angeles, and then finally our destination; Good ol' Sequim Washington.

It was a beautiful drive, plenty of beautiful scenery, snow, trees, and a LOT of deer. Literally, we saw deer sitting in people's front yards as we drove past neighborhoods. We also hit up a few Twilight tourist attractions. Not because I'm psychotic about Twilight, but because.. well.. there aren't many tourist attractions where we were. Also on the drive up, I did get to see Mount St. Helen, which I can say looks just the way it does in the history books ;)

I now officially have "Road Trip with Friends" crossed off my list, and can say that this portion of my project was a success








No comments:

Post a Comment