background

About Me

My photo
I'm Coralyn, a Californian native. I am mother to a crazy 4 year old girl named Madison, a baby on the way, and a wrinkly Shar-pei. My husband is in the Army and we have moved from California to Hawaii and from Hawaii to beautiful Colorado. I'm a stay at home mom and student/art major. I love painting and drawing and hope to share some of these things with you throughout my blog along with other random moments in my life.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Hunger Games



I started and finished the entire Hunger Games series this week. I loved it. It completely surpassed my expectations. I saw the preview for the movie, and it looked pretty cool. I decided to pick up the books thinking they'd be a little something like the Harry Potter or Twilight series. I was totally wrong. This series is more of sic-fi, thriller-ish, with a tad of boy meets girl. The series is pretty dark and violent set in a post apocalyptic world where the united states no longer exists, and the world (or what's left of it) is divided into 12 districts where once a year a boy and girl are chosen from each district to fight to the death against one another in a televised arena. The 24 children are chosen in a lottery style and only one may make it out of the arena alive to win the game. The Author was pretty gruesome when it came to killing off my most favorite characters. I will be no doubt crying when I see the movie. Some parts of the book get pretty depressing, but honestly I don't mind because given the circumstances in the book I find it more realistic and not so sappy.

I am SUPER excited for the movies to come out. I LOVE who they chose for the cast especially for Rue and Peeta. I feel like the actors are exactly what I envisioned them in the books. I've been telling my husband all about the books over Skype and he'll be here on mid tour leave around the time the movie comes out and we'll be seeing it together. Unlike Twilight, I won't have to drag him there unwilling. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment